Whether it is delicious cuisine, amazing sightseeing, fabulous transport or diverse culture, Middlesbrough is a place that has lot to offer. If you are looking forward to visit this remarkable place in coming time then there are several interesting things that you must be aware about Middlesbrough. Here is a list of some incredible Middlesbrough Facts that will make you fall in love this town:
- Middlesbrough houses a fabulous art gallery called MIMA that is known for organizing several unique exhibitions. If you want to get a feel of local history then there is a Dorman Long Museum, Temenos, Bottle of Notes and Captain Cook Museum that will fulfil your wish.
- The greatest chairman of football world, Steve Gibson comes from the Middlesbrough. He is a kind of personality that allowed the club to raise high from almost nothing. Ask any football fan about his reputation being one of the successful chairmen in the history of football.
- A large proportion of Middlesbrough’s people attend home games of FC which is more than any other club.
- The popular Transporter bridge of Middlesbrough is the only one of its kind in UK where bungee jumping is allowed legally.
- Middlesbrough is located very next to the wonderful coastline and stunning coastline that makes it one of the best places to visit in the UK.
- Middlesbrough consists of Marton, which is birthplace of a very famous Captain Cook who is known as a one of the best voyagers in the world.
- The University of Teesside in Middlesbrough has currently over 20,000 students enrolled and it is accolade as a best University in the UK. The university is just 14 minutes away from a nearest locksmith in Middlesbrough.
- Middlesbrough feature one of the greatest ports of UK which brags about best import facilities in the entire world.
- The town is located at the centre of rapidly booming renewable energy sector of Tees Valley. Middlesbrough is not only famous for a heavy manufacturing industry but also known for the service sector that has contributed for more than 70% of employment.
- Middlesbrough is reputed for most vibrant nightlife which is organized at some of the highly dazzling destinations in town such as Empire Nightclub and Dickens Inn. One of the greatest music festivals of UK, Music Live is conducted only in Middlesbrough.
- The unique tone of Middlesbrough can be identified at any corner of the world. After hearing it once, you will start feeling a kind of closeness to it.
- Middlesbrough is distinguished as fashion centric town. There is hardly anything here that you couldn’t afford. Explore wide range of modern fashion stores in Cleveland Centre to find out something that will match your fashion sense.
- Teesside University of Middlesbrough boasts about list of top digital animation courses in the UK. Some of the best animation designers have completed their training from here.
What more one could ask when it comes to versatility? Apart from the Middlesbrough facts discussed above there are several interesting stories that you may hear about this resourceful town.
Directions from Tyne Tees Locks to Sunningdale Park
Walk north-west on High St/A67 towards Silver St
Continue onto Yarm Rd/A135
Turn right onto Butts Ln
Turn left onto Grisedale Cres