Christmas at Tyne Tees Locks is always busy! At this time of year, we always receive a higher volume of calls when it comes to lost keys, replacement keys needed, and even keys snapping in locks or locks damaged due to the weather.
Unfortunately, it seems to be the time of year when due to the darker nights and the colder temperatures more people experience problems with their locks than any other time.
The good news is we operate an emergency locksmith number, making us available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Operating throughout Newcastle and the Northeast we WILL reach you within 30 minutes of your call, and we’re 95% confident we can help solve the problem on the spot.
Come rain or snow, ice or wind, Christmas Day or Boxing Day, we’re always on call, and we’re always happy to help.
Below we’ve provided some festive locksmith tips for this Christmas:
- If your locks freeze, either on your car or on your front or back doors, the first thing to do is not panic. Pushing your key further into the lock and turning it with more force will not help the situation. Instead, look to spray some antifreeze in the lock; maybe heat the key a little bit before putting it into the lock; keep locks that you know are prone to freezing (i.e., padlocks, etc.) covered for their own protection; and if you’re quick pour warm water over the locks to unfreeze (we say be quick because warm water does have a tendency to freeze over again rather quickly).
- If you’ve lost your keys and it’s dark outside, and let’s face it they’re just nowhere to be found! A professionally qualified and CRB checked engineer from Tyne Tees Locks can be with you within 30 minutes. Getting you access back into your vehicle or home and if necessary, providing you with replacement keys/locks all depending on your requirements. Tyne Tees Locksmiths are here to put your mind at rest!
- Don’t leave a house in the dark. With a lot going on over the festive period, with Christmas parties and activities, make sure to put lights on timers, shut curtains, and blinds and leave things out of plain sight. Also, if you have an alarm, make sure you’re using it.
- Check all windows and doors. Unfortunately, at this time of year, burglary related crime does increase. Let’s help keep these statistics down by making sure that all doors and windows are locked when we leave our homes but also that all of these locks are in good working order. These are your possessions and items you have worked hard for, don’t let someone else take that away from you, all because of a faulty lock.
- If you’re an office or commercial premises who work on a skeleton staff over the holiday period, make sure you know who will be in and when. It’s important to know who will be opening and closing up, is there a master key system in operation and who will be responsible for this? Also, do you have a copy of the master key in case of any emergencies?
The festive season is about bringing people together and enjoying time spent with friends and family. At Tyne Tees Locks we want to provide peace of mind that for everyone within Newcastle, Gateshead, South Shields, Sunderland, Northumberland and more – we’re here for you if you need us.
Finally, from everyone at Tyne Tees Locksmiths, we’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic and prosperous New Year!
From Shaun and The Team.