When it comes to protecting our homes, our property, and our valuables it’s vital that we work with people we trust. People we can rely on to use not only the best security systems around but also the right ones to suit our needs.
Using a professional locksmith can and does help. Here at Tyne Tees Locks, we know our stuff when it comes to locks! We also know what works for our customers too. That’s why we’re the number one locksmith in Newcastle and throughout the Northeast, as well as number one when it comes to customer service!
In this post, we’re going to look at the checks to make for home security, how often you should carry out security checks, and why it’s important!
Why check your home security?
Checking your locks, alarm systems, CCTV, outhouses and everything else you can think of, isn’t always at the top of our “to do” list. Sometimes, for many of us, we live by the motto that “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.”
But, we’re here to tell you this motto, when it comes to security, isn’t always the best option. Trust us, waiting until a lock snaps or breaks, or worse, someone has broken into your property – costs you much more in both the short and the long run.
Of course, we’re always on hand, providing the best service when it comes to 24-hour emergency locksmith care. However, before we go down that route, let’s look at how checking your home security can save you money!
What checks should you make and how often should you check your home security?
Before we delve into this list, we must state that this list is not exhaustive and should be used as a guide – everybody is different, and everyone has different needs.
Home security checks
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked every time you leave the house and if you have a burglar alarm, use it!
- Make sure you keep all valuables out of sight and don’t leave keys, especially car keys, near your letterbox – unfortunately devices are used to hook keys through letterboxes and vehicles are taken without you even knowing!
- House alarms and locks should be checked and maintained ideally once a month. Think of them like your smoke alarms, carrying out a quick check can make the world of difference. Checking that sensors work, so alarms are fully intact, that locks aren’t jamming, or that frames aren’t becoming loose and affecting the locking mechanisms should all be part of your monthly checks.
- Make sure fences and borders are in good condition surrounding your property and don’t offer easy access for climbing into your property.
- Check any bolts or smaller locks on garages, sheds and any other outhouses – again monthly. These can rust over time and succumb to general wear and tear much faster than most locks. And
- Check that you have lights on timers within your property if you are going to be away for long periods of time.
What to look for in a locksmith
If you’re looking for a locksmith in Newcastle, then you need to look no further than Tyne Tees Locks. But of course, we’re going to say that it’s our blog!
In all seriousness however, we’ve provided some points below to take into consideration when looking for the best locksmith partner to help you with your home security:
- How fast can they get to you in case of an emergency? (Tyne Tees Locks offer a 24-hour emergency call out number, AND we aim to be with you within 30 minutes of your call being placed)!
- How do you know if you can trust them? (All of our locksmiths are CRB checked, AND we have 5-star ratings from our customers all over the Northeast).
- Will work be guaranteed? (All work carried out by us is guaranteed, putting your mind at rest that everything will always be safe and secure).
- Can they help you with security checks on your property? (Yes, making sure your home is safe and secure is our top priority).
What does a security check entail?
It might seem as simple as adding more alarms and locks to doors, but at Tyne Tees Locks we offer a little bit more.
From our initial phone call, we’ll book a consultation with you that’s at a time that’s convenient and works for you.
From here we’ll carry out an onsite inspection, we’ll also walk around your property with you as well inspecting any sheds or garages you may have too.
We’ll talk through any questions you might have or any concerns as well as any new updates from us regarding the latest locks or latest security features that might suit your needs.
We’re all about developing your home and growing businesses safely and securely.
We’re not talking a big overhaul
When it comes to making sure you have the right security for your home, it’s true what they say, in that “a little goes a long way.”
We’re not here to reinvent the wheel or to change everything. We’re here to add in small changes and features to up your security. We want to help play our part in preventing homes and businesses becoming a target for burglaries.
It’s more than just doing the basics of not leaving valuables lying around and moving things out of clear view from windows etc. It’s about getting into the habit of closing doors and windows, checking that all of these are closed and locked before leaving a property unattended, and most importantly maintaining your home security by carrying out regular checks.
On our blog, you’ll find several posts on locks that we recommend, how to stay safe in the dark nights, and much more.
Top of Form
We also offer a great security checking service, offering recommendations suited to your current locks and doors as well as basing our recommendations on your needs and wants. Our aim is to understand you and then provide you with the best solutions possible – not the most expensive.
Call us today on 0191 438 6595 and see how we can help.
– Reference Video: BE AMAZED